Real Time Web Analytics Foodie Gossip: Top Chef All Stars' Angelo Sosa & Mike Isabella: Another Bromance Bites the Dust

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Top Chef All Stars' Angelo Sosa & Mike Isabella: Another Bromance Bites the Dust

Mike Isabella & Angelo Sosa's
'Bromance' comes to a close.
Last week we saw one of the most beautiful bromances on the Top Chef series come to the end when Fabio Viviani & Richard Blais had to say farewell. This week, we got to relive another bromance breakup before it had a chance to bloom, when Angelo Sosa packed his knives.

We hadn’t seen too much interaction between Angelo and Mike Isabella up until last night’s Top Chef All Stars 10th episode, “Lock Down”. The two Top Chefs decide to pair up and help each other along through the competition. It was sweet to see them grocery shop together, taste each other’s dishes… It was so much sweeter when Mike referred to Angelo as “sweetie”.

I’m not sure they share the same special magic that Richard Blais and Fabio Viviani shared, but it was very heartbreaking to see Mike Izzy’s face when Angelo announced he was leaving. Miky Izzy’s “What?? You??” almost made me shed a tear.

Moving on…

You know what’s not sweet? Antonia Lafaso and Dale Talde. I’m going to refer to them as “The McNasty Nancies” from here on out. I understand that reality TV just isn’t reality TV without a villain, but these two are not just rude and mean-spirited – they’re boring as hell. So much so, they make me want to scream:

“PLEASE BRING MARCEL AND JAMIE BACK!!!”

14 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with you here - I was elated to see Jamie and Marcel pack their knives, and I can't wait for Mikey Meatball to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I can understand wanting to see Jamie go, but Marcel was just pure entertainment in my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcel always rubbed me the wrong way. He had a bad attitude and was a terrible leader in Restaurant Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Marcel's leadership skills TOTALLY blew. But his attitude was soo much better than Dale's or Antonia's.

    Marcel's bragging was incessant, but I personally would rather hear "I'm so great, I'm so great" than "you suck, that sucks, this sucks".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm down for a Richard/Carla showdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dale is hysterical, what are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewww you want jamie to come back? Sorry, maybe you should be watching Survivor or something... Top Chef is a cooking show--you actually have to cook to compete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Antonia! What has she done that makes her a villain? Maybe I missed something. We thought it was funny when she admitted to smoking pot and when they called her the hammer or whatever that nickname was because someone in her group always goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't bring back marcel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the anonymous comment: bring back Angelo! Loved him. On the show, it looked like Jamie can't cook. Dale is OK too, he doesn't rub me in the wrong way like Marcel. :-)Love your recaps... keep writing please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silent Scribbler, that's such a wonderful compliment. Thank you! =)

    And just a note to everyone, I used the Marcel/Jamie comment to express my annoyance with Antonia and Dale's constant whining. I give them full credit for being very talented chefs. (I just wish they would speak less)

    And I wouldn't want Jamie back for the world - though totally excited to see Marcel kick things up on this week's episode! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i cannot believe they sent angelo home! he could have won the whole competition...why would they do that? there is no way he had the worst dish...

    ReplyDelete