|Super Bowl Party Food|
Like your football statistics? Here’s a little something to chew on! Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching and many are hoping their Super Bowl party scores a touchdown. You know the beer will be flowing and there is no better way to soak up that ale than adding chips and dip and some wings to the mix. And I’m here to tell you, you won’t be alone – however, you may be sorry that I shared. Here are the top Super Bowl Food Statistics:
- The California Avocado Commission (CAC) projects that 13.2 million pounds or 26 million avocados will be consumed Super Bowl Sunday, mostly in the form of guacamole. That's enough dip to cover the Louisiana Superdome football field from end zone to end zone and approximately 40 inches. Are you ready to get waist deep in guacamole?
- Approx. 8 million pounds of popcorn will be consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 28 million pounds of potato chips are expected to be consumed.
- During last year’s football championship game, more than 450 million chicken wings (90 million lbs.) were consumed, according to the Washington, D.C.’s National Chicken Council.
- It is estimated that more than 49.2 million cases of beer were consumed by Americans during last year’s Super Bowl Sunday.
Are you ready for some football?